Applicants are required to complete the on-line application procedure, providing their personal data and the following compulsory documents and forms:
- Copy1,2 (pdf) of the official Transcript of Records of all courses taken to achieve the BSc degree.
- Copy1,2 (pdf) of the BSc Degree Diploma, or equivalent suitable to be eligible for the ECT+ EMJMD Programme
- Copy1,2 (pdf) of the Secondary School Degree, or equivalent required to access University studies at the applicant’s home country.
- Curriculum Vitae (pdf) in Europass format or equivalent
- Motivation Letter (pdf), explaining the applicant’s personal statement and motivation to participate in the ECT+ EMJMD Programme
- Two Reference Forms or Recommendation Letters submitted by academic/professional staff (on-line application procedure)3
- Complete the Proposed Study Plan Form (on-line), indicating the teaching modules of preference, research topics of interest and additional information 4
- Copy2 (pdf) of your Passport or national identity card, as proof of applicant’s nationality
- Copy2 (pdf) of a Resident Official Document that verifies which the applicant’s place of residence at the time of application5
- Signed “Erasmus+ Scholarship Mandatory Declaration” form, where applicants declare they comply with Erasmus+ eligibility requirements (e.g., 12 month rule, etc.)
- Proof of Proficiency in English (see Language Policy)
- Photograph (passport type)
- Signed “Self-Funded Student Declaration” form; only to be uploaded by applicants without Erasmus+ Scholarship before they can be definitively admitted as self-funded students (it can be uploaded after the submission deadline; e.g. once the Scholarship Selection Results have been published)
- Supplementary Information can be provided at the applicant’s convenience, uploaded altogether as one single pdf or zip file
1 Sworn translation into English (or any official European Language) is required to be eligible.
2 A copy is enough to apply for admission. The Transcript may be incomplete at the time of application but must be complete by the time of final enrolment. The BSc degree may be uploaded later after the submission deadline but always before definitive admittance and enrolment. Further on, originals or their certified copies will be required to proceed with final registration at the universities; you must keep these documents with you all along the progression of the ECT+ Programme.
3 The applicant must proceed to contact the referees through the on-line application; then the referees will upload the Reference Form/Recommendation Letter, which will be notified to the applicant. In the case a referee is not responsive, it will be the applicant’s responsibility to contact a new one; in any case, only the applicant is responsible to obtain the two required Reference Forms (or Recommendation Letters) uploaded onto the system within the deadline.
4 at time of application this is only tentative to depict applicant’s academic profile and will be fully open to changes before definitive admittance)
5 The place of residence should be verified on the basis of the provision of the documents listed in the PRADO website. For example: (a) a residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate’s municipality normal registration rules; or (b) a certificate from the candidate’s place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question. These documents must have been issued within 12 months before the submission deadline
Once the application is ready for submission, please do not forget the last step (submit); a submission confirmation will be sent to you by e-mail.
NOTE 1: Please note that the main selection criteria are study and academic merits (degree, transcript, curriculum vitae, experience, relevant data), motivation and well-thought out study programme (motivation letter, intrinsic coherence of the proposed study plan and research topic themselves and with the applicants profile and background – merits, letter, supplementary information), recommendation letters (individualised, informative, concise, targeted on the ECT MSc programme, supportive), and chances of success in the Programme (e.g., possible pursuit of a PhD programme, or integration in an industry research unit in the home country may also be considered; integrity/elaboration/maturity of the application as a whole).
NOTE 2: Selection is highly competitive. Even excellent candidates can be underscored if some of the documents/data are missing or faint of if the application is not properly frameworked. Uploading incomplete or unclear documents (e.g., transcript) will lead to underrating. It is highly recommended to examine carefully the ECT+ webpage, especially the MSc Thesis and Partnership sections, in order to prepare the Motivation Letter as well as to propose realistic and coherent Research topics and a Study Plan in accordance. The JPB will review all applications to the ECT+ EMJMD Programme and will recommend to the student the most suitable subjects and pathways.
Offers will be made only to those Applicants that satisfy the requirements for entry, as set out above, for whom the supplemental information is deemed satisfactory according to the JPB.
By submitting you recognise that the ECT Consortium is allowed to use your image (e.g. photographs taken within the framework of the ECT+ MSc academic activities) for public information about and promotion of the Master as well as for related academic outreaches (leaflets, posters, guidelines, reports, webpage, etc.)
Application deadline is February 28th each year for Erasmus Mundus Student Scholarship candidates. Important for self-funded Partner Country applicants who require conditional pre-acceptance letters supporting their applications for other scholarships (e.g., National) and for visas: please note that for , these letters can be only secured for those who applied before this deadline.
A firm offer will be made only on completion of the general application procedure.
The deadline is extended to May 31st for self-funded applicants (without Erasmus Mundus Student Scholarship).
Applications after this deadline might be considered by the ECT JPB but the Secretariat and the International offices of the Partner Universities cannot ensure any support regarding travel, accommodation and other services.