Erasmus Mundus Student Scholarships (EMSS)
- These scholarships are open to higher education Partner Country and Programme Country students from all over the world. They include obligatory study and research periods, in at least two universities, and recognised double, multiple or joint degree diplomas.
- They cover tuition fees, participation costs (including insurance coverage), travel cost contribution, installation cost contribution, and monthly allowance.
- EMSS are intended for full-time studies only.
- Students can apply for an EMMS even if they have not yet completed the studies required by the ECT consortium for the joint programme. They must however have completed the relevant degree before the enrolment deadline in the joint ECT+ EMJMD programme.
- Programme Country students are from the 27 EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway. Partner Country students are from any other country, provided they are not currently residents of these eligible countries (above), nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of these countries.
- Students/scholars benefitting from an EMSS can benefit from other non-EU funded support while performing his/her EM joint programme activities (e.g. student jobs or placement/internship allowances) if the national legislation of the host country permits it. The basic and only rule in this case is that a Community funding beneficiary can never benefit from other Community financial support for the same activities for which he/she has already received funding.
- More details in ERASMUS MUNDUS web page
Erasmus Mundus Scholar Scholarships
- Thanks to the support from the European Commission, the ECT Consortium is in a position to offer scholarships to visiting scholars from outside of Europe.
- Every scholarship amounts to an average budget of 1 200 EUR per week, for a mobility of one week minimum (eq., 4+ working days including travel journeys).
- It is expected that scholars interact in an active way with the ECT+ EMJMD students during their stay at the partner institutions.
- For application information please contact the ECT secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).